One of the keys to getting more listeners for your podcast, and growing your fanbase is accessibility. The more places people can find your show, the more likely it is that you’ll find new listeners and subscribers. That’s why we’ve put together this definitive podcast directory list. We want you to get found!
For most of the podcast directories out there, all you will need is your RSS feed. If you don’t have one, click here to quickly create your podcast RSS feed.
Once you have your RSS feed, simply copy it to your clipboard, and you’re ready to start adding your podcast to the most popular podcast directories.
While it may be time-consuming to add your podcast’s RSS feed address and information to the most popular directories, the more opportunities you have to be found, the better!
This makes it much easier to copy and paste the information about your show to each of the directories. For example, you should have your show title, description, RSS feed address, and the email address ready to go. Ready? Let’s get to the directory list!
The Most Popular Podcast Directories
2. Google Podcasts: Once you login with a Gmail account, you can visit the Google Play Podcast Portal, and click the button that says “ADD A PODCAST.” Follow the prompts, and then wait for your show to be reviewed. This can take as little as 24 hours, or up to a week.
3. Spotify: Create an account, link your RSS feed, and wait for approval. This can take up to five days. IMPORTANT – you need to have uploaded at least one episode to your podcast host. Until you do so, Spotify will not be able to find any episodes and will reject your feed.
Other Directories To List Your Show
For each of the podcast directories listed below, simply click the name, and you’ll be directed to the page to create an account to submit your show, or to submission instructions.
- Learn Out Loud – Before submitting, make sure your podcast fits their current list of categories. Podcasts outside of those categories are typically rejected.
- Listen Notes
- Overcast – Submit your podcast to iTunes, and it will show up here automatically
- Pandora – Note: It can take several months for your show to be approved
- Podknife – After you create an account, you’ll need to click the “Suggest a Podcast” link from the menu. Fill out the form and they’ll take it from there.
- Player FM
- Radio.com – Note: It can take up to two months to be approved
- Samsung Bixby
- Women in Podcasting – This directory features female podcasters so you’ll either need to be a female host or have a female co-host to be accepted.