One of the keys to getting more listeners for your podcast, and growing your fanbase is visibility. The more places people can find your show, the more likely it is that you’ll gain new listeners and fans.
Submitting your podcast to the major directories can put your show in front of millions of new listeners.
For all podcast directories, you’ll need your podcast’s RSS feed. If you don’t have one, you can create a podcast RSS feed here.
Once you have your RSS feed, copy it to your clipboard, Word, or Notepad. Some directories also ask for your show’s title, description, and the email address associated with your podcast
Ready? Let’s dive in!
Submit Your Podcast to the Most Popular Podcast Directories
2. Google Podcasts: Once you login with a Gmail account, you can visit the Google Play Podcast Portal, and click the button that says “ADD A PODCAST.” Follow the prompts, and then wait for your show to be reviewed. This can take as little as 24 hours, or up to a week.
3. Spotify: Create an account, link your RSS feed, and wait for approval. This can take up to five days. IMPORTANT – you need to have uploaded at least one episode to your podcast host. Until you do so, Spotify will not be able to find any episodes and will reject your feed.
8. Once you arrive at podcaster.deezer.com, hit the “Publish My Podcast” button. Enter your podcast’s RSS Feed and click the “NEXT” button. At this point, you will receive a confirmation email from Deezer with a verification code.
Other Directories To List Your Show
Ready for more? Here’s a full list of other popular directories you can submit your podcast to:
- Learn Out Loud – Before submitting, make sure your podcast fits their current list of categories. Podcasts outside of those categories are typically rejected.
- Listen Notes
- Overcast – Submit your podcast to iTunes, and it will show up here automatically
- Podknife – After you create an account, you’ll need to click the “Suggest a Podcast” link from the menu. Fill out the form and they’ll take it from there.
- Player FM
- Radio.com – Note: It can take up to two months to be approved
- Samsung Bixby
- Women in Podcasting – This directory features female podcasters so you’ll either need to be a female host or have a female co-host to be accepted.