At some point in your podcasting journey you may decide it’s time to switch podcast hosting companies.
A few reasons you may be looking to switch podcasts hosts could include:
- You want more more control of you show
- You need more downloads and your current host charges based on listener numbers
- You want access to better analytics without being charged more
- You’re looking for better monetization options
- You want a platform that has episode scheduling
The fear many podcasters have is that switching hosts will cause them to lose subscribers.
So how do you switch podcast hosts without losing subscribers?
Step 1. Use the Free Podcast Redirect Tool
Step 2. Enter Your Podcast's RSS Feed
Step 3. Add Your Email Address
Step 4. RSS.com Will Take if From Here!
What to Expect During the Transfer Process
Now that we have your show’s details, our customer support team will send you an email to verify that you own the podcast.
Next, we’ll get to work importing your podcast and episodes onto your new RSS.com account.
And to sweeten the deal, you’ll get six months of free hosting!
Why Switch to RSS.com?
RSS.com give podcasters full control over their shows.
We offer the features you need to succeed at the absolute best price. With RSS.com you’ll get:
- Unlimited episodes and storage
- Sponsorship and other monetization options
- Beautiful public website for your show
- Cross-platform analytics
- Automatic distribution to the top podcast directories
- Episode scheduling
- Embeddable episode players
- Podcast soundbites and chapters
- 20% off annual plans
Still have questions?
Check out these step-by-step guides on how to redirect your podcast to RSS.com from a few of the most popular podcast hosting platforms:
- How to Move Your Podcast from Anchor.fm
- How to Move Your Podcast from Transistor
- How to Move Your Podcast from Blubrry
- How to Move Your Podcast from Simplecast
- How to Move Your Podcast From Castos
- How to Move Your Podcast from Podbean
- How to Move Your Podcast from Spreaker
- How to Move Your Podcast from Libsyn
Frequently Asked Questions
Will l lose subscribers?
You won’t lose any subscribers after making the switch from your current podcast host to RSS.com.
When can I cancel my podcast hosting account with the other host?
Do I need to upload all of my old episodes to my new RSS.com account?
We’ll import all of your old episodes, titles, and descriptions for you. Your listeners won’t notice a thing!
Will I need to resubmit my show to Apple Podcasts, Spotify and other podcast directories?
You may need to update your RSS feed if you’re already on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, etc.
If you were using Anchor’s automatic distribution, you may need to create a new account and submit your show because the email address Apple Podcasts and Spotify have on file most likely will be an Anchor specific email.
When should I tell my listeners about the change? Should I tell my listeners at all?
You can, but it’s not necessary.
Think of redirecting your podcast as changing your cell phone company and keeping the same number – your friends and family wouldn’t notice a thing!
The same analogy applies when redirecting your podcast – you’re listeners won’t notice a thing, so mentioning that you are switching is entirely up to you.