One of the most common questions we receive from our community is “how can I make money from my podcast?”
Podcasting can be lucrative and a consistent source of income, and a great way to monetize your show is through sponsorships.
To make finding the right sponsors for our customers easy, we recently partnered with Podcorn who makes it simple for brands to connect with the right podcasters.
Whether your show is established or you’re just starting out, there’s an opportunity to make money from reading ads, interviewing brands, and more.
With Podcorn, you choose your podcast sponsors, propose creative sponsorship formats, and set your prices and schedules. Then, once you deliver it’s approved by your sponsor, you get paid!
How to Get Started with Podcorn
1. First, log into your RSS.com Podcasting account (or set up a free account), and click “Add-Ons” on your dashboard
2. Once at the Add-Ons Page, click “Activate” under “Monetize your show”
3. A pop-up should come onto the screen once you click “Activate” allowing you to enable the tracking. Go ahead and click the green button to enable tracking.
4. Another pop-up should come on the screen letting you know that tracking is enabled. Next, you’ll click “Sign up and find sponsors”
5. From here, you’ll add your podcast name, your email address, and choose a password. Then, click “Sign Me Up” to begin the onboarding process so you can make money podcasting with Podcorn.
The email address you use should be the same one that you have registered with RSS.com Podcasting so that you can easily verify ownership of your podcast.
6. In step 1 of 5 of the onboarding process, you’ll enter your name, and then click “Next Step”
7. Then, tell Podcorn about your podcast. For this step you’ll need to answer the following questions:
- What’s your show called?
- What is your podcast’s RSS feed address?
- What category does it fall into?
- And, what country are you based in?
8. Next, share how frequently you release new episodes. This is important because sponsors will want to know when they can anticipate you delivering their advertising materials.
9. Now it’s time to verify your RSS feed. An email will be sent to your inbox.
10. After receiving the verification email, click to verify and you’ll be redirected to a page that looks like this:
Now click “Go to Dashboard” to complete the onboarding process.
11. In this final step, you’ll simply click “Complete Onboarding.” At this point, you’ll be able to start searching for potential sponsors so you can make money podcasting with Podcorn.
Podcast Sponsorship Examples
Below are a few examples of what sponsors looks like:
How to Send a Company Proposal on Podcorn
If you want to send a proposal to a company, click “Send Proposal” and you’ll be given more information such as the budget and what deliverables they are looking for.
In many cases, you can choose whether you want to read an ad, interview someone at their company, or integrate the sponsor into a focused topic that is also relevant to the brand, making the sponsorship a natural fit.
Below is an example of what the proposal page looks like:
After you’ve decided which sponsors you would like to pitch, simply fill out the form, and wait to see if the sponsor chooses to work with you. If they do, you’ll be given further information on how to proceed.
Is Podcorn worth It?
If you choose to make money podcasting with Podcorn, just a few of the benefits you will enjoy include:
- No-exclusivity: You don’t have to work solely with Podcorn for your sponsorships
- No loss of rights: Popcorn and their sponsorship partners don’t claim any rights over your show
- They help you find relevant sponsors: Based on the information you provide about your podcast and your publishing schedule, your dashboard will offer a wide range of sponsors to choose from that you can pitch to
- Set your own price: You have the freedom to decide how much you want to be paid for working with sponsors. While that doesn’t guarantee you will be chosen, you at least can decide what you’re hoping to receive ahead of time.
- It’s not just reading ads: If reading ads doesn’t appeal to you, that’s okay! The options for bringing up a sponsor organically in your conversation, or interviewing someone at the company gives you more opportunities to include sponsorships without forcing you to change the format of your show.
- It’s free to sign up and send proposals: Unlike some sponsorship platforms, you don’t have to pay anything to sign up or to send proposals. You’re also not limited in the number of proposals you’re allowed to send out.
- You can start whenever you want: Even new podcasters can pitch sponsors. However they recommend that if you have less than 5 episodes or if your audience is less than a few hundred listeners/downloads per episode that you first “spend your time and effort on producing more episodes and growing your audience.”
Are You a Visual Learner?
Check out the video below for a complete walkthrough on how you can monetize your podcast and start making money podcasting with Podcorn. 🎧