A few of the sessions that were held today included:
- How We Talk About Race in Podcasting
- The Future of Content Creation & Ownership w Mark Cuban
- 6 Steps To Building an Epic Podcast Brand
- Turning a Home-Grown Show Into a Home-Grown Network
- Ly Waristen up! Podcasts are now on Facebook
- We Got A Story To Tell: Black Voices in Podcasting
- Privacs: What it Means for Podcast Ad Revenue
- Podcasting to revolutionize Journalism
- Music in Podcasts – So What The Hell Is Going On Now?
- The Importance of Latinx Representation in Podcasting
"When we feel represented, we feel validated."— RSS Podcasting (@rss) August 5, 2021
Yes! Every culture needs to be represented in the world of #podcasting
via: The Importance of Latinx Representation in Podcasting with Gisselle Bances, Enrique Santos, Conal Byrne, and Jasmine Mejia. Excited for this one! #PM21 pic.twitter.com/0fCYCLKgmY
Things we heard at Podcast Movement
The focus on media-backed podcasts, and those backed by large corporations is making the indie podcaster feel like they are being pushed aside
- There is not enough representation of all races, ethnicities, and backgrounds in podcasting
- It’s hard to understand the data of analytics and leverage it to monetize
- Podcasting is yielding lots of opportunities for entrepreneurs and hobbyists alike
- Intellectual property laws are leading to lawsuits because podcasters don’t fully grasp you can’t simply use music and soundbytes (or even sample it!) that are licensed without permission
- Podcasters want lessons in terms they understand, not just a bunch of hyped up advertising and legal jargon, and the list goes on
We get to meet with people in the thick of the industry and hear their stories, struggles, and ideas.
We hear what is being said, Tweeted, and shared on Facebook and Instagram. We’re listening in the hopes of helping to make RSS.com, and the medium of podcasting, better every day.
Couldn’t make it to the day’s presentations? Below are some of the resources we found from speakers that had sessions today.
- Stephen Hart shared an awesome presentation about building a brand, and we found a very similar presentation on his YouTube channel
- We also found a podcast episode of Jesse Brown from Canadaland sharing many of the same amazing truth bombs he uncovered at the conference.
- Astonishing Legends shared their entire process, and you can see the architecture of a single episode here: https://twitter.com/rss/status/1423383190861983749
- Sharing this resource again for anyone that missed it. We found this amazing playlist on the Podcast Movement channel that you have to see! Though they are not all presenting exactly what they did at the conference, it features many of the speakers that spoke live in Nashville!
- Fatima’s presentation was about creating a brand for your podcast – she wrote about the subject extensively on her website
- Also, don’t forget to check out Podcast Movement’s day three recap
Here are some of the top social media posts we saw throughout the day: