Today was an exciting first day of Podcast Movement 2021!
Members from the RSS team snapped some amazing pictures on-site at the conference, and our remote content team caught some of the on-demand virtual sessions before the live streaming begins tomorrow.
For in-person attendees, the day kicked off with the new attendee orientation.
Then, Patreon held a session teaching how to grow your show, your way, with support from the listeners who never miss an episode.
Up next, it was time to check in and pick up badges. Finally, to close out the night, Podcast Movement held a casual welcome party.
While all this was happening live at the Gaylord Opryland in Nashville, our remote team attending virtually caught some of the on-demand sessions including:
- A Beginners Guide To Podcast Monetization With Ads with Heather Osgood of True Native Media (Check out her company’s awesome guide to podcast advertising best practices)
- Building Your Podcast Brand with Yvonne Ivanescu, host of the Branding Lab Podcast
- Why Podcast Websites Are Critical with Brenden Mulligan of Podpage
- Hacking the Podcast Growth Funnel with Dave Keine of Podchaser, and many others
We have to say, this conference is already off to a great start!
There are so many amazing sessions scheduled for the rest of the week, and we’ll be sharing a lot of what we’re learning on Twitter. Be sure to follow us at @RSS!
For anyone who couldn’t attend the presentations today, here are some amazing resources from the presenters that spoke.
- Aweber has free guides on their website on how to promote your podcast with email marketing, and another on how to quickly grow your business with email.
- Be sure to check out Patreon U to learn how to build a Patreon page, and Patreon’s blog for posts that show podcasters how to earn money from their shows using Patreon for Podcasters.
Here are some of the top social media posts we saw throughout the day:
Reflecting as #PM21 begins...It's still wild to me that I'm a #podcaster too.— Ashley Grant (@bloggyfriends) August 3, 2021
The lessons learned at #PM19 and #PM20 taught me so much! Thank you @PodcastMovement for creating your conference and building such an amazing community of helpful people!#podcastlife #startapodcast pic.twitter.com/71PH2rHAbV
Who's at #PM21 in Nashville?— Podcast Movement (@PodcastMovement) August 3, 2021
If you're attending in-person or virtually, the PM21 app and Swapcard platform have the lowdown on today's orientations and workshops. Mask up and start some conversations, y'all.
Download the app here: https://t.co/fWBtqCxqZF