In this week's episode, Han is joined by Lawrence Smith. Lawrence is based in Glasgow. After many years of living in London as an actor, Lawrence has come home to Scotland to figure out what he’s doing next. Having been diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes at an early age, Lawrence is passionate about raising awareness for mental health issues within the diabetic community.
This week, we discuss:
- What is T1DE and why the diagnosis name has progressed from diabulimia?
- Factors that impacted Lawrence's development of anorexia nervosa resulting from Type 1 Diabetes.
- The characteristics which would give someone a diagnosis of T1DE, and how this goes from diabetes mismanagement to T1DE.
- The psychological, medical and behavioural impacts of T1DE on Lawrence's life.
- The assumptions the public make surrounding di ...