In this week’s podcast, Han is joined by Vedica Podar. Vedica is a passionate Advocate and Ambassador for Mental Health and Wellbeing. Besides being the Founder of Kangaroo Minds and Sport Beats Stigma, Vedica is a qualified Adult and Youth Mental Health First Aider, Active Listener, Suicide Gatekeeper, and soft-skills trainer.
This week, we discuss:
- What is Diwali & what does it mean to Vedica as a Hindu?
- Why might Diwali be difficult for someone with disordered eating?
- Why commenting on someone's body image or food intake is normalised.
- Vedica's tips for navigating Diwali when struggling with an eating disorder.
- How you can support a loved one in their recovery from an eating disorder during Diwali.
- What changes need to occur within Indian culture in order to reduce the stigma around ...