As Christians, we don’t always approach our work in a very integrated way and to my mind; I think it’s because we do not have the know-how. Our discipleship system does not offer much practical help.
Some people will tell you that some jobs are more meaningful than others, so start by finding a meaningful job. There is some truth to this. Research suggests that when jobs provide the following benefits or opportunities, people find it easier to experience meaning:
• Autonomy, the freedom to try out your own ideas.
• A chance to use your skills.
• A sense of how your work contributes to a tangible product or service you can identify.
• Co-workers who enjoy and value their work, and with whom you get along.
• A leader who sets a clear vision that you value, who lives out that vision, who expresses genuine concern ...... Read more