Episode notes[Key Timestamps and Topics]
- [1:36] The push in recent decades to go electric
- [3:54] What tax incentives are the government offering?
- [6:50] How do tax credits help you save money?
- [8:07] Incentives for businesses vs. personal homes
- [12:01] How to estimate your total potential savings
- [17:09] How to make a well-informed decision about putting solar panels on your home
- Currently, American homeowners can receive up to 30% of a tax credit for the cost of materials and installation related to solar panels.
- Tax credits are designed to encourage certain behaviors – but those incentives won’t be available forever.
- A tax credit isn’t necessarily enough reason to buy into solar panels. Solar panels often take many years to offset ...